[MyAppleMenu] Jul 20, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Jul 20 13:15:01 EDT 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Tuesday, July 20, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[News]

*** Joswiak: No 60GB iPod In The Pipeline
<http://www.macnn.com/news/25522>
by MacNN
Greg Joswiak, vice president of hardware product marketing at Apple shot down market rumors of 60-gigabyte iPod models in the pipeline.

*** Duke To Give Incoming Freshmen iPods
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/07/19/duke/index.php?redirect=1090250866000>
by Peter Cohen, MacCentral
The iPods will be preloaded with content related to Duke campus life, including freshman orientation information and the academic calendar.

[Opinion]

*** Immediately = Pretty Soon
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/archives/2004/07/000263.php>
by Christopher Breen, Macworld
Although Apple's press release claims the iPods are "available immeidately," this is not the case if the two Apple Stores I visited today are any indication.

*** Sometimes You Feel Like A Dolt, Sometimes You Don't
<http://lowendmac.com/lab/04/0719.html>
by Jeff Adkins, Low End Mac
It's been a long time since I couldn't get something to work because I didn't know I had to turn it on first.

[Review]

*** Wireless Keyboards And Mice
<http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/19/technology/komando/wireless_mouse/index.htm>
by Kim Komando, CNN/Money
Lose all that tangle of cables on your desk. But be careful, they aren't all equally good.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/index.html>
Emerging Technology. Innovative Applications. New Economy.

[Linux]

*** Microsoft Pays To End Lindows Suits
<http://news.com.com/Microsoft+pays+to+end+Lindows+suits/2100-1016_3-5274944.html?part=rss&tag=5274944&subj=news.1016.20>
by David Becker, CNET News.com
Microsoft will pay upstart Linux seller Lindows $20 million to settle a long-running trademark dispute, according to a regulatory document filed Monday. In exchange, Lindows will give up the Lindows name and assign related Web domains to Microsoft.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>
The other things in life

[World]

*** Damage Control
<http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040726fa_fact>
by Philip Gourevitch, New Yorker
Voters need to believe that John Kerry can put the country back on track.

[Life]

*** What Exit? 13A In Elizabeth Gets Its Own Marketing Campaign
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/20/nyregion/20elizabeth.html?ex=1247976000&#38;en=ced70d58041d3d29&#38;ei=5088&#38;partner=rssnyt>
by Jason George, New York Times
"Someone asked, 'Are you going to try to make 13A a tourism opportunity? I said, absolutely."

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>
Life in the city

[Top Stories]

*** Singapore's Next Leader Gets Warm Media Reception
<http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2004/7/20/latest/18071Singapore&sec=latest>
by Associated Press
Singapore's next prime minister, Lee Hsien Loong, was praised Tuesday by the city-state's pro-government newspaper, but the son of founding father Lee Kuan Yew will likely have a tougher time winning the hearts and minds of the average person on the street.

*** Aware Urges Singapore To Look Beyond Incentives In Baby Chase
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/96524/1/.html>
by Ng Shing Yi, Today
Reduce the stresses of Singapore life and you will see an increase in the number of Singapore babies. And, most important of all, get the men fully involved, says Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware) in a paper on Singapore's population challenges.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.