[MyAppleMenu] Apr 11, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Apr 11 13:15:00 EDT 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Sunday, April 11, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[News]

*** iPod Strikes Discord In Users' Hearts
<http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=115&art_id=vn20040411114958715C649250&set_id=1>
by IOL
It's the epitome of cool, a must-have item rated No. 1 with teenagers, oldies and muggers alike.

[Review]

*** RSS And Mobile Devices
<http://www.dailywireless.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=148>
by Daily Wireless
RSS might be pretty good for mobile devices.

[Sidetrack]

*** GarageBand On Windows?
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/2004/04/11/#20040411bg000001>
by Heng-Cheong Leong
Check out SNDREC32.EXE<http://mirrored.flabber.nl/winnoise/>.

[Wintel]

*** No-Regrets Microsoft May Restore Security, But Not Trust
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A1019-2004Apr10.html>
by Rob Pegoraro, Washington Post
When I agreed to this interview, I wondered if I'd hear the sort of "I apologize" statement we heard from former White House counterterrorism coordinator Richard Clarke. I'm still waiting, and I think many other Windows users are too.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/index.html>
Emerging Technology. Innovative Applications. New Economy.

[News]

*** Robo-Cars Make Cruise Control So Last Century
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/04/automobiles/04AUTO.html>
by Danny Hakim, New York Times
What brings drivers to the brink of the Jetsons age?

[Internet]

*** Workers Find Voice On The Net
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3611677.stm>
by BBC News
Trade union activists in London have turned to the Internet to broadcast news about workers' rights around the world.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>

*** Too Close For Comfort
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/11/magazine/11LIVES.html>
by Debra Borchert, New York Times
With three disabled siblings, I should be used to special needs. So why did one stranger's behavior unsettle me?

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>
Life in the city

[Top Stories]

*** Downgraders' Nightmare
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4386,245190,00.html?>
by Lydia Lim, Straits Times
HDB has stopped giving out market rate loans and cash-strapped borrowers get the cold shoulder from banks.

[News]

*** Watch What You Buy On 0% Easy Credit
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/invest/story/0,4386,245160,00.html?>
by Leong Chan Teik, Straits Times
Irresistible though 0% interest instalment schemes may be, they could prove fatal for your finances.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.