[MyAppleMenu] Apr 2, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Apr 2 13:15:00 EST 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Friday, April 2, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[Announcement]

*** Taking A Break
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/2004/04/02/#20040402bg000002>
by Heng-Cheong Leong
There will fewer links and less frequent updates to this web site for the next few days, as I will be on a break from the online world. (Well, not a break entirely away from the online world, but rather I'll be spending less time with the computer.)

[News]

*** Mall Aims To Be Apple Of Yuppies' Eye Again
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,4386,243476,00.html>
by Kelvin Wong, Straits Times
Singapore's Pacific Plaza is wooin yuppie brand names again and may have largest Apple Computer store here as its anchor tenant.

*** Pittsburgh To Get Apple Store
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/04/01/applestore>
by MacMinute
Apple plans to open a new store in the Shadyside area of Pittsburg, a trendy shopping district about 5 miles from downtown Pittsburgh.

See Also : Beleaguered Gateway Closes All Retail Stores; Apple Poised To Open 77th Outlet
<http://www.macdailynews.com/comments.php?id=P2435_0_1_0>
by MacDailyNews

*** Apple Q2 2004 Earnings Due April 14
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/04/01/aaplq2>
by MacMinute

*** Apple Extends Deadline For Redeeming Pepsi Song Codes
<http://www.macnn.com/news/24064>
by MacNN

*** Apple Announces ProCare Apple Store Service
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/04/01/procare>
by MacMinute
Exclusive services and offers at your local Apple retail store.

*** Baltimore Sun: Vice President Dick Cheney A Confirmed Apple iPod User
<http://www.macdailynews.com/comments.php?id=P2428_0_1_0>
by MacDailyNews

*** iSIMS Security Solution Now Available From Symbiot
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/04/01/isims>
by MacMinute

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/index.html>
Emerging Technology. Innovative Applications. New Economy.

[Top Stories]

*** GMail: Elaborate Fraud, Or...
<http://battellemedia.com/archives/000527.php>
by John Battelle
OK, maybe this is for real...

*** Programmers Told To Put Security Over Creativity
<http://news.com.com/2100-1009_3-5183634.html>
by Robert Lemos, CNET News.com
Certification for programmers, better education and even new laws are needed to improve software security, stated a report published Thursday by a coalition of corporate security experts, academic researchers and government agencies.

[News]

*** Excuse Me While I Take This Chain Off My Neck
<http://doc.weblogs.com/2004/04/01#excuseMeWhileITakeThisChainOffMyNeck>
by Doc Searls
I just got a call from somebody on The Inside at Google. It's not a joke.

[Internet]

*** MSN's Quest For Dominance
<http://news.com.com/2008-1025_3-5183462.html>
by Stefanie Olsen, CNET News.com
Can Microsoft's MSN Web portal become all things to all people? Talking to Yusuf Mehdi, the Microsoft executive in charge of figuring out the company's portal strategy, you get the feeling that's certainly no stretch.

[Linux]

*** Corel To Test WordPerfect For Linux
<http://news.com.com/2100-1012_3-5183642.html>
by David Becker, CNET News.com
Corel plans to test the waters later this month for a "proof-of-concept" Linux version of its WordPerfect productivity software.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>

*** How To Rise And Shine When You're Nocturnal By Nature
<http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/health/2001891516_bodyclock31m.html>
by Julia Sommerfeld, Seattle Times
Sleep doctors say that with a few tools, the right motivation, rigid scheduling and several alarm clocks, you can become a morning person -- or at least trick your boss into thinking you are.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>
Life in the city

[Top Stories]

*** Expect U-Turns With Risk-Taking Civil Service
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/topstories/story/0,4386,243475,00.html?>
by M. Nirmala, Straits Times
Its chief  says a bolder approach will entail making some mistakes.

[Technology]

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.