[MyAppleMenu] Mar 2, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Mar 2 21:05:00 EST 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Sunday, Mar 2, 2003

MyAppleMenu : Top Stories
-------------------------
Smooth Sailing For Some (Keith Newman, MIS Magazine)
<http://www.misweb.com/magarticle.asp?doc_id=21434&rgid=2&listed_months=0>
"We saw how well you could run a sailing project using different applications, in what was pretty much a paperless office managed by FileMaker."

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
Apple's Abundant Shareware (Mike Wendland)
<http://www.mac-mike.com/archives/000062.html>
I suppose there are more PC-only programs available from the big download sites but the sheer amount of creative, exciting news, rumor and shareware sites devoted to all things Apple has pleasantly surprised me.

MyAppleMenu : Reviews
---------------------
iPod Pick Of The Bunch (AME Info)
<http://www.ameinfo.com/cgi-bin/news/showarticle.cgi?id=3203123557>
Apple's best of breed MP3 player, iPod, has been picked out as the number one portable music player by PC Magazine Middle & Near East.

Powerpuff Girls Give Learning Clout (Joseph Szadkowski, Washington Times)
<http://washingtontimes.com/technology/20030228-26509451.htm>
Mojo Jojo perfectly melds creator Craig McCracken's Powerpuff mythos with a clever story line and demanding action to sneakily give junior a dynamic educational experience.

MyAppleMenu : Wintel News
-------------------------
Microsoft 'Science Fair' Offers Glimpse At Technology's Future (Associated Press)
<http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techinnovations/2003-02-28-microsoft-show_x.htm>
Microsoft Research is a potent weapon for the software giant in a time of economic distress for many technology companies.

More Wintel News at <http://www.myapplemenu.com/wintel/>

MyAppleMenu Reader : World
--------------------------
Forget The Advice - Give Us Vaccinations (Wendy Orent, Los Angeles Times)
<http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-op-orent2mar02,1,1340975.story?coll=la%2Dnews%2Dcomment%2Dopinions>
Our government is once again treating us like docile second-graders in a dusty basement.

MyAppleMenu Reader : Life
-------------------------
Psychiatric Friends Network (Jeanne Marie Laskas, Washington Post)
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7656-2003Feb26.html>
Entertaining a houseful of shrinks can really mess with your head.

You Are What You Queue (Craig Tomashoff, New York Times)
<http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/02/movies/02TOMA.html>
Our lives and psyches are more public than ever, thanks to Netflix.

More
----
Internet News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/internet/>
Linux News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/linux/>

---
Modify your subscription at <http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/applesurf-list>

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong. This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc., or any other companies in any manner. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, iPod, and eMac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their registered holders. Copyright &copy; 1996-2003 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.