[MyAppleMenu] Feb 22, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Feb 22 21:05:00 EST 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Saturday, Feb 22, 2003

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
2 Years Ago: Top 10 Reasons The Apple Dock Sucks (Bruce Tognazzini)
<http://www.asktog.com/columns/044top10docksucks.html>
The Dock, though derived from NeXTStep, will be seen by many as a clumsy attempt to copy the Windows task bar, but to make it look "cooler," at the expense of usability. Here are the ten most obvious flaws in their result.

3 Years Ago: W2KOSX (Andy Ihnatko, MacCentral)
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0002/22.ihnatko.shtml>
I was feeling nothing but pride last week as I read all of the coverage of Microsoft's new Windows 2000 in the mainstream newsweeklies and saw that many of those articles were accompanied by sidebars or even full pages about Mac OS X.

MyAppleMenu Tomorrow : Top Stories
----------------------------------
7 Years Ago: Support Freedom Of Speech On The Internet (Bill Gates)
<http://davenet.userland.com/1996/02/22/billgatesonfreedom>
The Bill of Rights is the foundation on which our nation is built. The Internet is an enormously valuable place in which those rights must continue to thrive. Both the Bill of Rights and the Internet are potentially fragile. Mess with either of them too much, and we might ruin them.

MyAppleMenu Reader : Expressions
--------------------------------
The Wish (Excerpt) (Joanna Scott, Esquire)
<http://www.esquire.com/books/reviews/articles/000201_mfi_wish01_1.html>
Kamon Gilbert woke up on the morning of the last day of his life at 6:19 and in the minute before his alarm went off thought something to this effect: to exist in space, to have a body that can be aroused, senses that give proof of joy, to be in love, to be in love and alive, to love Jenny Templin and to know Jenny loved him, to know the feeling of love, to know they'd have a child soon—why, it was all a fortunate accident, luck, a gift of chance, one sperm out of millions, one egg with the odds against it, the world already crowded, stasis always easier than growth, nothing always dominating something, so life could never be more than a minute fraction of its own potential--". . . 'Cause the Sunshine Boy got the weather for you right after . . ."

More
----
Internet News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/internet/>
Linux News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/linux/>

---
Modify your subscription at <http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/applesurf-list>

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong. This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc., or any other companies in any manner. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, iPod, and eMac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their registered holders. Copyright &copy; 1996-2003 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.