[MyAppleMenu] Feb 16, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Feb 16 21:05:01 EST 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Sunday, Feb 16, 2003

MyAppleMenu : News
------------------
9 Years Ago: The Macintosh At 10 (Tom Thompson, Byte)
<http://www.byte.com/art/9402/sec5/art1.htm>
Although few took it seriously during the early years, in many ways the Mac defined what a desktop computer should be. Apple pioneered many concepts that users now take for granted.

3 Years Ago: Apple - Back To The Future (Kevin Anderson, BBC News)
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/643794.stm>
Now more than 15 years after the introduction of the Macintosh, Apple will release not merely an update, but a much-delayed major overhaul of its operating system. The update is key to the continued recovery of the company.

MyAppleMenu Tomorrow : News & Opinions
--------------------------------------
9 Years Ago: The Macintosh At 10 (Tom Thompson, Byte)
<http://www.byte.com/art/9402/sec5/art1.htm>
Although few took it seriously during the early years, in many ways the Mac defined what a desktop computer should be. Apple pioneered many concepts that users now take for granted.

7 Years Ago: Why Americans Hate The Media (James Fallows, The Atlantic)
<http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/96feb/media/media.htm>
Why has the media establishment become so unpopular? Perhaps the public has good reason to think that the media's self-aggrandizement gets in the way of solving the country's real problems.

MyAppleMenu Reader : Expressions
--------------------------------
Today Is Sunday (Peter Ho Davies, The Atlantic)
<http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/98dec/sunday.htm>
On Sunday I visit my father, the first time since Christmas, and he tells me my timing's bad. He's off to visit his mother in the hospital.

More
----
Internet News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/internet/>
Linux News <http://www.myapplemenu.com/linux/>

---
Modify your subscription at <http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/applesurf-list>

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong. This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer, Inc., or any other companies in any manner. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Power Macintosh, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, iPod, and eMac are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their registered holders. Copyright &copy; 1996-2003 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.