[MyAppleMenu] Saturday, Aug 30, 2003

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Aug 30 21:05:00 EDT 2003

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Saturday, Aug 30, 2003

MyAppleMenu : Top Stories
-------------------------
Apple (Still) Not Attending Macworld Expo Boston (MacMinute)
<http://www.macminute.com/2003/08/29/macworldapple>
In a statement provided to MacMinute on Friday, Apple reiterated that it will not participate in Macworld Expo Boston.

MyAppleMenu : News
------------------
Final Cut Pro 4.0.2 Update Released (MacMinute)
<http://www.macminute.com/2003/08/29/fcp>

Macworld Expo To Take Place In Boston Next Year (MacMinute)
<http://www.macminute.com/2003/08/29/macworldexpo>
IDG World Expo today confirmed that the East Coast Macworld Conference & Expo will take place at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC) July 12-15, 2004

MyAppleMenu : Opinions
----------------------
Quick Fixes Make OS X Tough For Sneaky Worms (Glenn Fleishman, Seattle Times)
<http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2001676085_ptmacc30.html>

Switch! (Mitch Kapor)
<http://blogs.osafoundation.org/mitch/000342.html#000342>
I've finally made good on my promise to myself to switch back to a Mac after five years on PC's.

MyAppleMenu : Reviews
---------------------
Griffin iCurve (Kray Mitchell, Inside Apple)
<http://www.insideapple.com/reviews.php?id=42_0_3_0_M>
There is only one issue that I have about this product -- I am 6'5", and even sitting at the desk it does not quite reach eye level for me, though it is a much needed improvement from sitting on the desktop.

MyAppleMenu : Wintel News
'Longhorn' Rollout Slips (Peter Galli, eWeek)
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1235053,00.asp>
Microsoft Corp. has once again shifted the schedule for the release of "Longhorn," the company's next major version of Windows, leaving some users up in the air about an upgrade path.

More Wintel news at <http://www.myapplemenu.com/wintel/>

MyAppleMenu Tomorrow: News & Opinions