[MyAppleMenu] Oct 1, 2001

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Oct 1 21:05:02 EDT 2001

MyAppleMenu Newsletter

== AppleSurf (Top Stories) ===============

Great Expectations For XP And OS X (Independent)
<http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/features/story.jsp?story=96890>
Will the new operating systems from Microsoft and Apple breathe life into a PC industry suffering from falling sales? Well, yes and no.

== AppleSurf (News) ===============

Apple Quietly Rools Out $799 iMac (MacMinute)
<http://www.macminute.com/lib/010928_imac.shtml>
Several dealers admitted they would be stocking very few of the $799 systems until they judge the demand from customers.

Great Expectations For XP And OS X (Independent)
<http://news.independent.co.uk/digital/features/story.jsp?story=96890>
Will the new operating systems from Microsoft and Apple breathe life into a PC industry suffering from falling sales? Well, yes and no.

State's Biggest Independent Apple Dealer Traces Roots To Radio Parts (Star Tribune)
<http://www2.startribune.com/stOnLine/cgi-bin/article?thisStory=84549066>
"Given what we've dealt with in the past, I'm not concerned about the future."

iMovie Plug-In Pack Out For Mac OS X (MacCentral)
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0109/28.imovie.php>
The pack includes new effects, transitions, and titles.

== The Wintel Empire (Top Stories) ===============

Intel To Announce New Mobile Chips (Reuters)
<http://www.msnbc.com/news/636130.asp?cp1=1>
Chips range from 700 Megahertz to 1.2 Gigahertz.

== The Wintel Empire (News) ===============