[MyAppleMenu] Jun 17, 2001

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Jun 17 21:05:01 EDT 2001

MyAppleMenu Newsletter

== AppleSurf (News) ===============

iBook Advertising In Australia (MacNN)
<http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=7227>

== AppleSurf (Opinions) ===============

Some Real Apple Masters (stevesobek.net)
<http://www.stevesobek.net/macdown06_15.html>

== AppleSurf (Reviews) ===============

Swiss Army Knife Software Will Hone Presentation Skills (South China Morning Post)
<http://technology.scmp.com/columns/mfacts/ZZZTU1WIWNC.html>
>From back in the times when multimedia was monomedia, HyperCard and some impassioned teachers taught the Mac how to teach and present. Fifteen years later Mac Apps are now teaching us new ways to get our point across.

A Spy Story And A Nature Lesson For Children (Reuters)
<http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010616/tc/column_programs_dc_1.html>
It's silly, but it's great fun for youngsters ages 7 and up. It's also a game parents can play with their children because they'll get the puns and the references to the Bond films, even if the kids don't.

== The Wintel Empire (News) ===============

AOL, Microsoft Dissolve Windows XP Talks (CNET News.com)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6295416.html?tag=lh>
Discussions between AOL Time Warner and Microsoft over whether AOL's online service software would be bundled with Windows XP collapsed Saturday.

== Breaking Barriers (Top Stories) ===============

== Breaking Barriers (News) ===============

AOL, Microsoft Dissolve Windows XP Talks (CNET News.com)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6295416.html?tag=lh>
Discussions between AOL Time Warner and Microsoft over whether AOL's online service software would be bundled with Windows XP collapsed Saturday.

== SingaporeSurf (News) ===============

Singapore Steps Up Pace Of Bank Reform (Reuters)
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010617/3/zva4.html>
In just under two weeks the government will reveal it latest package of bank liberalisation measures, which sources say will likely include additional privileges granted by the Monetary Authority of Singapore for Qualifying Full Bank (QFB) licences.

Is Thinking Out Of The Box Truly Valued In Singapore? (Straits Times)
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/analysis/story/0,1870,51661,00.html?>
This is the norm that we are comfortable with. This perhaps is the most fundamental obstacle.

There Has To Be A Singapore After SM: PM Goh (Channel NewsAsia)
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com.sg/articles/2001/06/13/singaporenews62843.htm>
Can Singapore survive after Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew? PM Goh Chok Tong's answer is: "It has to."

== SingaporeSurf (Technology) ===============

SingTel's Interactive TV Goes On Trial For 300 Families (Channel NewsAsia)
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010617/5/105zz.html>
Interactive TV allows viewers to watch a movie and order a take-out meal at the same time.