[MyAppleMenu] Aug 19, 2001

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Aug 19 21:05:01 EDT 2001

MyAppleMenu Newsletter

== AppleSurf (News) ===============

Apple Lowers TiBook Pricing (MacNN)
<http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=8923>
Apple has dramatically lowered educational pricing on its Titanitum PowerBook G4 systems, possibly foreshadowing an upgrade to the now aging model.

== AppleSurf (Reviews) ===============

G4 Power Mac Get More Power (ZDNet)
<http://www.zdnet.com.au/products/hardware/story/0,2000010420,20255328-1,00.htm>
The 867MHz model offers good performance for a decent price.

== Breaking Barriers (News) ===============

Can Priceline Remain Profitable? (CNET News.com)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1007-201-6907732-0.html?tag=owv>
Have the media found more Dead Sea Scrolls? Perhaps a new epistle from St. Paul? No, instead, it was the second-quarter income statement from Priceline.com, treated as nearly divine confirmation that dot-com companies can have a future.

== SingaporeSurf (News) ===============

PM Goh Outlines Vision To Turn Singapore Into A Global City (Channel NewsAsia)
<http://sg.cna.mediacorpnews.com/articles/2001/08/19/singaporenews1178.htm>
Mr Goh said the global city will see people from all over the world who are well connected to all parts of the globe - by air, sea, telecommunications and the Internet.

Singaproe Shares For Citizens, If Economy Grows (Reuters)
<http://sg.news.yahoo.com/010819/3/1cgho.html>
Singapore will introduce a new share scheme to reward its citizens when the economy performs well, Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong said on Sunday.

Forum Closure: 'Think Centre, Give Real Reason' (Straits Times)
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,1870,65095,00.html?>
'I thought I read in the papers that it's because there are very few people who are using the so-called Speakers' Corner to post their views...'