[MyAppleMenu] Sep 5, 2000

applesurf at myapplemenu.comapplesurf applesurf at myapplemenu.comapplesurf
Tue Sep 5 21:05:01 EDT 2000

MyAppleMenu Newsletter

== AppleSurf (Top Stories) ==============

Protest Planned For Apple Expo, Aim To Disrupt Jobs' Keynote (The Mac Observer)
<http://www.macobserver.com/article/2000/09/05.9.shtml>
While Mac users, just like any other human, have the right to voice their opinions, we think the Expo Protest Team is missing the point.

== AppleSurf (News) ==============

Protest Planned For Apple Expo, Aim To Disrupt Jobs' Keynote (The Mac Observer)
<http://www.macobserver.com/article/2000/09/05.9.shtml>
While Mac users, just like any other human, have the right to voice their opinions, we think the Expo Protest Team is missing the point.

Ingenious Mac Users Find Pro Keyboard Work Around (MacCentral)
<http://www.maccentral.com/news/0009/05.keyboard.shtml>
"It is very simple to get full functionality of the Apple Pro keyboard, even on a beige G3 with a PCI USB card."

No New Printers For PressReady (MacWEEK.com)
<http://macweek.zdnet.com/2000/09/03/0905pressready.html>
Adobe Systems announced that it will continue to market the PostScript software, but only with the currently supported ink-jet printers from Canon, Epson and HP.

IBM Unveils Compact Laser Printer (MacWEEK.com)
<http://macweek.zdnet.com/2000/09/03/0905ibmlaser.html>
The $399, 1,200-dpi Infoprint 12 is the first Mac-compatible USB laser printer to come out of Big Blue.

== AppleSurf (Opinions) ==============

One Last Tribute To The 6 Colors (MacMilitia)
<http://www.macmilitia.com/editorsnote/rainbowlogo.shtml>
Good bye old Apple logo. We'll always remember your rainbow, taking us to the future.

The Perfect Dual Platform Computer, A Possibility Or A Pipe Dream? (The Mac Observer)
<http://www.macobserver.com/columns/flipside/2000/20000905.shtml>
The biggest benefit would be the ability to run the two biggest operating systems on one machine without resorting to emulation.

== AppleSurf (Reviews) ==============

SoundJam MP (Macworld)
<http://macworld.zdnet.com/2000/09/05/dj.html>
MP3 broadcasting made easy.

== The Wintel Empire (Top Stories) ==============

Microosft Hopes To Rally Workers At Birthday Bash (Reuters)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-2704239.html?tag=st.ne.1430735..ni>
Microsoft celebrated its 25th birthday with an employee pep talk aimed at rallying its troops in the face of some of its biggest challenges yet in both the marketplace and the courtroom.

== The Wintel Empire (News) ==============