[MyAppleMenu] Jul 12, 2000

applesurf at myapplemenu.comapplesurf applesurf at myapplemenu.comapplesurf
Wed Jul 12 21:05:01 EDT 2000

MyAppleMenu Newsletter

== AppleSurf (Top Stories) ====================

How You Can Be A Mac OS Rumors Inside Source! (The Macjunkie)
<http://www.themacjunkie.com/archives/7.11.00.rumors.html>
In a few short hours I got bogus details about an already bogus product posted on a bogus rumors site. I feel so proud.

== AppleSurf (Opinion) ====================

Apple IDisk Net-boot Technology A Response To Microsoft's .Net? (osOpinion)
<http://www.osopinion.com/Opinions/kellymcneill/kellymcneill16.html>

How You Can Be A Mac OS Rumors Inside Source! (The Macjunkie)
<http://www.themacjunkie.com/archives/7.11.00.rumors.html>
In a few short hours I got bogus details about an already bogus product posted on a bogus rumors site. I feel so proud.

== AppleSurf (Reviews) ====================

Apple iBook Special Edition (Graphite) (CNET Singapore)
<http://singapore.cnet.com/notebooks/products/index.html?product_id=248>
A sturdy, well-designed portable; if only Apple could make it lighter.

== The Wintel Empire (News) ====================

Intel Benchmarks Show Little Advantage To Rambus (CNET News.com)
<http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-2242968.html?tag=st.ne.1430735..ni>
A new series of benchmarks have emerged that show Rambus memory provides less oomph than cheaper, standard high-speed memory.

Microsoft To Detail Licensing Model For ASPs (TechWeb)
<http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20000711S0017>
Microsoft will detail at Fusion 2000 this week its long-awaited pricing model for ASPs that wish to &quot;rent&quot; Office and BackOffice servers.

== Breaking Barriers (News) ====================

Digital Deprivation (Salon)
<http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/07/12/i_opener/index.html>
Is it possible to survive one week marooned with a $99 Internet appliance?

Direct Marketers Try To Challenge The Approach Of Internet Retailers (New York Times)
<http://www.nytimes.com/library/financial/columns/071200adcol-ecommerce.html>
Until recently Internet retailers paid little attention to the lessons of an industry that long ago learned to choose its media carefully and to control the costs of acquiring customers.

== SingaporeSurf (Top Stories) ====================

Singapore’s Shuttling High-tech Poster Boy (MSNBC)
<http://www.msnbc.com/news/426590.asp>
It must have been an anomaly that a system that bans chewing gum and Cosmopolitan magazine, represses political dissidents and limits free speech produced Wong Toon King.

== SingaporeSurf (Technology) ====================